Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More on Tuacahn from Tony


Jason's turn to watch the kids....and he lets them play on a cliff!

A fun afternoon in Snow Canyon





Let me start by saying "amen" to Jason, my brother from another mother. Spending the weekend with the good people of St. George was a spiritual refill as well as a nice break from the lingering winter that Cache Valley is having. Touring with your family comes with its own set of interesting challenges, but the blessings of having your kids feel the spirit as they listen to songs and stories about the Pioneers and the characters of the restoration. Words can't describe how proud I am of my little girl Alexis. She did a great job performing "Somewhere there's a Mountain" in sign language. She had three people come and meet her after the shows that are hearing impaired and tell her how much they enjoyed the connection to the performance that she brought. You can almost see me smiling as I write this cant you!
There are a lot of "bands" in the world, but I think you would be hard pressed to find a group of friends that get along so well as we do. I can attribute this to one very simple thing. The Nashville Tribute Band is not about us.....it is not about the performance....it is about the message! How blessed my life is to be a very small part of such an amazing thing and to be able to call these guys (and Mindy of course :) ) my best friends!
I echo the thanks to Kevin and his staff. Kevin my friend, you are truly an artist. Thank you so much to the people that took the time to share their testimonies and experiences with us. You have no idea how that lifts us up and makes the time away from home and family worth the sacrifice.
I will try to get a few photos of our down time posted here. If you have photos or experiences to share, please send them to me or post them here on our blog. We would love to share them with you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home