Monday, March 31, 2008

Thoughts on the Tuacahn shows...

Hey everybody, back in Nashville to the real world this past week after Tuacahn. I was very happy to get the following e-mail from Tim Gates this weekend (lead singer of Due West that also sang GOD IS GOOD, WIDE ENOUGH and COMING HOME at the shows) that brought to mind how great it was for all of us to be with you for those shows under the red rocks:
"I feel really blessed to be a part of this wonderful tribute to Joseph and to the Pioneers! I have always said that there is nothing better than being on a stage singing your heart out to others. But when I am singing my heart out to others about such a powerful message, it is undeniably the greatest combination I can think of. Performing at Tuachan was really special! It is such a beautiful place. There was a moment while I was singing Coming Home, I felt the presence of those people that were involved in the great TREK to Utah."
Thank you Tim! Your humble talents are just what we needed that night! -Jason Deere

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I was there with my family in Tuacahn last night and the show was unbelievable. We brought our jackets and blankets for when it turned cooler but I didn't bring any kleenex. I was wishing I had brought some.
The spirit was so strong, and yet with their humor I found myself laughing, then crying and just enjoying their narrations and music. The night was just so wonderful!!
Thank you so much for sharing your talents and testimonies. What a blessing that is to be able to come to your show and feel of your spirits. The Lord has truly blessed and inspired you.

I purchased the Joseph and Trek CD last year and was getting familiar with the music on them when I got the news that my dad was dying in Salt Lake. I listened to the CD's all the way to Salt Lake which is a 5 hour drive. I was touched by the spirit as I listened to the music and especially felt peace when I listened to the song "Sleep".

I prayed all the way there that my dad would hold on until I got there. And he did just that, he passed away the next day. I was able to feel so much peace. I felt my dads spirit along with my mom's as she passed away 4 years earlier, and my ancestors spirits as they were all reunited.

Thank you again for listening to the spirit as you write and perform the music and narrations. Again, you are definitely inspired.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait until the new one on missionaries comes out, whatever that one will be called :)

Thank you again for a uplifting, spiritual and fantastic night!!!

Suzanne from Kanab

March 21, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home