Monday, August 16, 2010

Due West's single "I GET THAT ALL THE TIME"

Please read this wonderful conversion story from my new friends the Williams. Hats off to Due West for just being who they are. D&C 18:15. Love you boys! :

"Hi Jason,

So glad to hear from you, hope things are going well with the boys (Due West) & the Tribute Band. I REALLY enjoy the Trek cd and Joseph as well and am looking forward to the new album. Anyway you wanted to hear our story for "I Get That All The Time" so here goes!

Last year I was working at a country station in Potsdam, NY and had a segment where I looked for up & coming country artists that had a song out to radio. I'd play the song along with telling a little about the singer/band and if possible set up an interview to go along with what I could come up with. One evening my wife told me about this new group she'd found out about called Due West. She'd found them through my stepson's twitter account and was directed to their myspace page. So I decided to check them out for myself, I was impressed with what I'd heard on their site. Out of all the songs "I Get That All The Time" really grabbed me, it was the story in the song that really resonated with me and what I believed a marriage should be and they just killed it too!! So I decided to highlight that on my show and sent a message through the myspace page to try and set up an interview. Little did I know that it'd be their first radio interview, they sounded like seasoned pros when we spoke and really got across in the interview what they were about and what they wanted to get across with the song. After that my wife Heather & I started following them on twitter as a band and then individually when they got their own accounts. Well Heather got talking with Tim's sister Cary and started talking religion and their beliefs. We at the time were looking for a church that would feed our children and us and Cary asked if she could send some missionaries to our house and Heather said go ahead. So 2 weeks later Sister Hansen & Sister Hacking showed up at our door and started meeting with Heather and when I was home, me too. Well this was October and at the end of September I'd left the radio station as numerous cuts were being made. So I was working a job for a month to make ends meet before it just wasn't working out. Before this I'd never been out of work more than a week, well this time it was from November to the end of February!! But it was because Heavenly Father wanted me to learn more about his true church with my wife. I admit at first I was a little reluctant, but as I sat in on the lessons they'd give I'd hear about the things I'd learned as a child growing up in the Wesleyan Church. The difference was when Heather or I had questions about things we'd wondered for years...there were answers to them! Some many holes were filled in, and as we prayed about the church and the Book of Mormon we knew it was definitely true. So we started attending the LDS Branch in Ogdensburg, NY and immediately felt welcomed and at home. The kids told us they loved it and it felt right too! We have been blessed so much by Heavenly Father since we stared attending and getting baptized on Feb. 14th 2010! In fact 2 weeks after I was offered a full-time radio job again out of the blue after applying for a part-time position and some many other things to mention. Heather is the Primary President for our branch which she and the kids are enjoying. We made it to the Palmyra temple to do baptisms for our family & others and got to see Joseph Smith's home, the Hill Cummorah and where the Book of Mormon was first printed...but walking in the Sacred Grove was indescribable! We plan on being sealed September 7th, 2011 on our 4th wedding anniversary in the St. George Temple. I look forward to becoming an Elder and doing my part for Heavenly Father whatever that may be...and it all started with Due West's "I Get That All The Time". We have a special place in our hearts for the boys and that song and pray for them and the message the song has for everyone that listens to it and really gets it!!

Well hope I didn't bend your ear too much! I really enjoy the work you do and SO hope to be able to see the Nashville Tribute Band in person someday soon. Hope you enjoyed my backyard...the writers retreat was less than an hour from where we were living before we just moved. Well continued success to you and the boys and I hope to one day get to meet them and you as well. Until then, God bless!!!

Dave Williams"

:)

-- Jason Deere - Post From My iPhone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home