Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring General Conference!

I love the spring.  Who doesn't.  Birds, leaves, flowers, warming sun, fresh green grass, rain showers...all of it!  Today was a perfect day.  My wife, kids and I watched the morning session of conference, then took a walk in the forest near our home during the break and then watched the second session.  It was enlightening.  The talk on the Faith of Our Fathers!  Elder Ballard's talk on women...could it have been said any better?  Sister Tanner...your message was angelic!  Elder Holland...the words of Christ.  And President Monson.  He was called as an apostle at the age of 36.  He has been prepared for 80 years for this weekend when our people in one accord sustain him.  He is our Prophet.  I felt it as he spoke.  The Spirit confirmed to my heart that he is the prophet of this day.  It was a wonderful day.  Did you not feel it!  Please tell me about your experience.  Surely what I am feeling was not for me alone.
I want to be a better person.  A better father, a better husband, a better priesthood holder, a better servant, a better missionary and better son to my Father in Heaven.  These desires are why I love conference weekend.  This is why I need it so much every spring and every fall.  I am charged and good to go for 6 months!  Here we go...

3 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

Jason,
I saw you and the Nashville Tribute Band, last night in Fresno CA. You were awesome; so inspiring!
I read your comments abput Spring Conference and can't help but become emotional. This is the FIRST time in my life,I'm 40, that I have seen a Brand New First Presidency. I know Pres. Monson has been there, and Elder Eyring was called in August, however, as I sat there and witnessed a new beginning, I also knew in my Heart, that this is the Prophet of our time and days. I am So Blessed, and I know our fellow Brothers' and Sisters' are equally as favored in this time of New beginnings' and Change. All made Sustainable by our Savior, Even Our Bother, Jesus Christ.
Sincerely, Dorothy-Until the next 6 mos.

April 13, 2008 at 1:44 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I raised my hand as sustaining vote for the new Prophet Pres. Monson. I knew in my heart he was called. But... what I didn't expect was that at the last of Sunday morning conference and Sunday afternoon conference, I saw Pres. Monson so differently. He spoke differently and he physically looked different. All my family witnessed this and we sent messages out to all on our family blogs. Many of us separated by long distance. Tears flowed and a testimony and knowledge that we all didn't think we needed, came to us and we are all so very grateful.

I'm not sure about your Stake President. President Lazenby. Probably related because Uncle Moroni Lazenby in Manti gave half of So. Utah their Patricarchical blessings in the old days. My husband served his mission in Oklahoma in 1968-1970 and spent most of his mission as Assitant to the President. That was a great blessing to see and visit so many wonderful towns in Oklahoma, Missori, and Arkansas. He received an overwhelming love for the Native Americans and humble people of the south.

You have to know that your album is the best Church CD I've ever heard and the "Emma" song-I can't even express my emotion about it. Truly wonderful. I'm giving my family all of your CDs for Christmas. Every song was so inspired. Thank you so very much!

Sorry I missed your Fresno concert. My daughter heard you in Fort Still, Arkansas and my daughter, Bree Watson, was the last person to talk to you there. She said you were very sweet to stay and wait after all the throngs of people there. You are amazing and your talent, well, "of no compare!" Sincerely, Susan Lazenby

April 13, 2008 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Both me and my husband stood in our living room and raised our arm to the square sustaining President Monson. We looked at each other and said, "wow, did you feel that?" It really surprised us... The Spirit witnessed so distinctly and so clearly that he is the man for the job. I love his message to pray for the nations of the world to be opened to the gospel. Believe. Trust. Move. The gospel will go forth to every nation kindred tounge and people.

Spring Conference is just around the corner again and this time we get another new apostle. I love this time of year. I love conference!!!

Thank you so much for your awesome testimony!!

March 10, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home