Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hopkinsville, KY

Hey everybody! I FINALLY have an APP on my iphone so I can blog on the road. I'm gonna write on here lots now. :)
Wow! What an incredible week! I have so loved the opportunity over the past year of working with President Hutchings, the Tennessee Nashville Mission President. He is an awesome man with a vision for missionary work. He asked me to come and speak and sing some songs to his missionaries in zone conferences in Tennessee and Kentucky on Wednesday & Friday. What an incredible experience. I just got back into Nashville on Monday after being gone for 30 days and I had a million reasons to say "no" to attending those zone conferences, but man am I glad I listened to my instincts and said yes! It is one thing to see beauty in others, you know the skin deep kind, but to look out at those Elders and Sisters and see them as messengers of the gospel, as worthy warriors in the great battle for truth! Man, THAT is beautiful!!! I shared with them five or six of the new songs I've written for the new Nashville Tribute album and the Spirit was so present I thought we might burn up in that relief society room. It was awesome! The night before the Friday conf in Hopkinsville, KY, President Hutchings called and said he felt the Lord wanted the sisters of the mission at the conf the next day, so he asked them to clear their schedules and attend. On the 1.5 hour drive from my home to Hopkinsville, I wrote a song that I LOVE specifically for sister missionaries. I almost wrecked several times trying to write lyrics, drive and cry at the same time. Men don't multi-task, or cry. I'm such a whimp. Then, after the conference, I was saying goodbye to everybody and a senior sister came up to me and said, "Please don't forget us senior missionaries". I said, "Sure, ok, not thinking much of it". Then I got in my truck and had an unusual experience. I couldn't get that sweet senior sister out of my mind and I began to feel that our Heavenly Father has an immense love for seniors, especially those who faithfully serve Him. I was overwhelmed, really. I wrote a song especially for senior missionaries on the way home, again, crying, writing on a legal pad and trying to drive. I LOVE THE SONG! What a day! What a week. The songs are coming. The record is coming. My heart is racing. I love it! Can't wait to bring the music to your town with my buddies!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, go to www.nashvilletributeband.com and upload pictures of your missionary. It can be you, your father, your grandmother or grandfather on their missions. I need as many different pictures from different eras of elders and sisters in the field as possible for the next album cover and album art. Please take a second and upload them. YOU ARE THE BEST!

Jason Deere


-- Post From My iPhone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home