Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thinking of Australia

I've been thinking a lot about Australia lately. It as a unique trip. I always thought that the day I finally went to Australia that it would be the "vacation" of a lifetime. It had it's wonderful and beautiful moments, but it was a hard trip on all of us. ABSOLUTELY worth it in every way, but trying all along the way. It truly felt like we were on missions again. The people were fantastic, the landscape breathtaking but the challenges unusual. The ups were up and the downs were down and the fluctuation between the two were frequent. However, I wouldn't trade those experiences for the world, and neither would anyone that was over there with me...I am sure of it. Tim, Matt and Brad stopped everything in their lives for almost a month. Ron Saltmarsh sacrificed much to come on that trip, as did Cali and the kids. Greg and Sharon Farmer took their year vacations from their jobs, plus some, and hauled sound and stage gear from town to town, one after another, setting up, running sound, tearing down...repeat...without a single complaint. Darren Dixon, our friend from Sarasota, FL, left his wife Jenny and eight kids, and his many business ventures, and came with us to be our tour manager for the month. Not one person received one dime of compensation for the trip and each of them, and their wives and children did without to make it happen. I AM HONORED TO KNOW SUCH MEN AND WOMEN! I am priviledged to rub shoulders with individuals who place the gospel as a priority. They teach me every day to "seek ye first the kingom of God". I love each of them so much. My sweet wife Sonja, and my kids Josie, Maddy & J Davis; I will forever be thankful for your patience and faith in all my running around out there. I pray that you are blessed for it. Coming home is the greatest feeling. Hats off to Australia! - Jason Deere
Brad, Matt, & Tim stopping on the road between Tamworth and Tuncurry

Jason

Matt

Jason performing at the Hoyt Theater in Sydney

Jason, Matt, & Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home